Considering Something A Little Alternative For Your Wedding What About A Celebrant?
I recently spoke with Richard Spedding a Lancashire Based Celebrant about his work & we got chatting about his top tips to picking the right Celebrant for your wedding.
We were discussing a number of things but we started to chat about what you should consider when booking a celebrant for a wedding. Richard provided some absolutely invaluable information, "His top 5 Tips." So here's his excellent advice to ensure you get the right person for the job.
1. Is the celebrant genuinely interested in your needs and requirements and appears to put you first? Remember, this is your wedding, and their role is to facilitate your perfect day whilst offering appropriate suggestions and advice and constructing a wonderful script in partnership with you both.
2. What does your intuition (gut feeling) tell you about the celebrant? This is such a special occasion, and you need to make sure you have found the perfect person for for the role. Is he/she too pushy, are they too ‘wacky’, are they relaxed and not too confident, do they appear genuine and interested, do they ask open questions and appear genuinely interested in your replies etc?
3. Does the celebrant have the relevant experience – do your homework e.g., Website, Social Media, do they have any recommendations/reviews to view (feedback from existing clients is a huge factor!) Ask them about their experience, types of weddings they’ve conducted in which venues etc.
4. Is their process and way of working with couples clear, understandable and flexible; are they a member and accredited to a professional organisation with clear codes of conduct, how they handle personal data in line with GDPR etc?
5. Is the celebrant appropriately priced? Too expensive or too cheap based on other local celebrants (but do remember, like most things in life you pay for what you get) To protect your investment in your celebrant, do they provide a contract outlining conditions around payment, especially the deposit?
Getting married in Lancashire, check out some of the best venues here. Or maybe something a little more urban, this will definitely help, check out my urban weddings. The best of Phil Salisbury Photography 2020, a Manchester based wedding photographer covering the UK and abroad for destination weddings. I'm able to freeze the moment and keep it for you told hold forever.